Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Free Stuff...

I want it. But only if it's REALLY free—I don't want to do a long survey or have a conversation, I just want to be handed something and allowed to leave. I have discovered that I'm willing to whore myself out a little if the free stuff is good (Hi Kiehl's! Thanks for the samples. I  commented on facebook; where is my $15 gift card?). In this spirit, I really like to take the free music download cards that they give out at Starbucks. Usually the music is terrible or just not to my taste, but sometimes it's good. So this afternoon when i saw a sign telling me that if I bought a frappuccino I would get a free "10 Song Summer Mix" i was all "Hey Barrista! I just bought a frappuccino! Can I have my free '10 Song Summer Mix'?" 

so summery, Starbucks!

"Oh sure," she said and as she handed it to me she whispered "it's not very good. I don't even know these bands."


So, is it terrible? We'll see! I like a few of these bands. Let's see what else Starbucks thinks should be on my soundtrack this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment